I know it’s October, but we have been having some gorgeous weather!
So don’t put your grills away just yet!
Grilling season is definitely coming to an end…unless you’re like my husband and I and insist upon grilling steak in the dead of winter. But the nice grilling weather is quickly coming to an end. At this point you need something worthwhile to grill. Not just plain old burgers, you really want to get the most out of your grill and make something killer, am I right?
Well, I’ve got just the thing!
Cilantro marinated shrimp. This recipe is so good, I have made it 4 times in the last couple of weeks. You can marinate your shrimp for 4 hours or you can marinate it for an hour when you’re pressed for time. Either way, it will be fantastic.
Cilantro Marinated Shrimp Skewers
- 2 Tbsp. Light soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Lime zest
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Ground coriander
- 1/2 C Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lb. Shrimp
- Combine soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, and rice wine vinegar in a nonreactive mixing bowl. Whisk in oils. Add coriander, brown sugar, and cilantro. Whisk well to completely combine.
- Add shrimp to a large zip top bag and pour marinade over shrimp. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour, but up to 4.
- Thread shrimp on to skewers and cook on a grill over medium heat, brushing with leftover marinade.