Where did the month go?
Seriously, Halloween is just a few days away. My house is all decorated, inside and out, but I’m not ready! I’m not ready for this month to be over yet!
Please tell me, what are you going to be for Halloween? What are your kids going to be? I love seeing people dressed up in their costumes!
On to this pasta, this is the perfect weeknight fall meal. It’s comforting, hearty, and it comes together in less than 30 minutes, perfect in my book!
If you haven’t made my Parsley Walnut Pesto, now is the time. If you like pesto, you’re going to love this one. It has a peppery bite that is perfect for the fall and winter months, it’s a little heavier in flavor than traditional basil pesto.
Orecchiette with Chicken Sausage and Parsley Walnut Pesto
- 1 Package sweet Italian chicken sausage, diced
- 1/4 C Sweet onion, diced
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 C Heavy cream
- Parsley Walnut Pesto
- 1 Package orecchiette
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large saute pan. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add sausage and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add parsley walnut pesto. Stir in heavy cream and stir frequently until completely combined.
- Add pasta and sausage/onion mixture to sauce and toss well. Serve immediately with Parmesan.