And i’m over here making a tropical summer dish.
I do this every year. All summer long I can’t wait to crank up my oven and make winter comfort food. And during the cold winter months, I send my husband outside to the grill to make steaks and burgers.
I’m doing it wrong!
Although, this recipe does require you to use the oven for about 25-30 minutes, so technically this can be counted as a fall meal. Plus, for all you die hard summer fans, this will bring summer memories flooding back. And for you shrimp lovers? These are just plain delicious. It’s a win-win-win.
My husband is not a shrimp lover. I think he’s nuts, but then I also figure it just means more shrimp for me and I’m more than okay with that. However, he actually ate a fairly large portion of these and said they were really good and that he would eat them again.
Oh, and the sauce? It’s like dipping your shrimp in a big pina colada.
Yeah, enough said.
Coconut Shrimp with Coconut Pineapple Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 C Flour
- 1/2 C Panko
- 1/2 C Sweetened coconut
- 3 Egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. Coco Real Cream of Coconut
- 34 Extra large shrimp, peeled
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- set up 3 shallow dishes, such as pie plates. In one, place flour. In second, egg whites and Coco Real. In third, Panko and coconut.
- Working one by one, dip shrimp in flour, then egg mixture, then panko mix, coating both sides well. Place on greased baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping half way through baking time. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
- 1 C Sour cream
- 1 C Coco Real Cream of Coconut
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1/2 C Crushed pineapple
- Mix well.