Where did the year go? Are you ready to say goodbye to 2015?
Who has parties to go to tomorrow and the day after?
Well, I have just the thing for you to take along. Make sure you bake a double batch, this stuff goes fast and everyone is going to beg you for the recipe!
I love malted milk. A good old fashioned malt beats a milkshake in my book.
There is an iconic grocery store in my area that is closing down for good at the end of this week and they’re selling everything in the store at 50% off. So I made a trip to see what they had left, and there on the bare shelves were large 2 lb. cans of malted milk. People, you don’t know what you’re missing!
I have lovingly dubbed this pretzel snack “pretzel crack rocks”, because I literally can’t stop eating it. It’s bad. But so good! This is like the holy grail of salty and sweet.
You can find malted milk in some grocery stores, in the baking aisle. If your grocery store doesn’t carry it, Amazon does! And if you’re wondering what you can do with the extra malted milk powder? Well that’s easy! Add it to milkshakes, sundaes, cookies, cakes, etc. You could also just make a lot of this stuff and call it a day. In fact, I honestly contemplated going out and buying another 2 lb. tub of malted milk after this stuff came out of the oven. No, I’m not kidding.
Malted Milk Pretzel Crunch
- 1/2 Of a 16 oz. bag of pretzels
- 1/2 C Brown sugar
- 1/4 C Granulated sugar
- 1/2 C Malted milk powder
- 16 Tbsp. Butter, Melted
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- Pour pretzels into a bowl and break them up with your hands. Go for rough pieces, not teeny tiny, just broken up.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, malted milk powder, and salt. Stir everything together. Add melted butter and toss to coat well.
- Pour pretzel mixture on a silpat or a parchment lined pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Allow to cool and break into clusters. Store in an airtight container.