I’m so excited to share this recipe with you today!
First of all, it’s Friday. Yay for that!
Second, this is my new favorite cookie recipe. I mean, brown butter, hello, what’s not to love?
I’m pretty sure I have already told you all how boring and old lady-ish I am when it comes to cookies, because I love oatmeal raisin. And of course when I’m not busy being a geriatric 90 year old, the 5 year in me wants the thick sugar cookie with fluffy icing in the bakery window. Annnnd that’s about as far as my love for cookies goes, from one end of the spectrum to the other. I’m just a weirdo like that.
However, I got a craving for cookies a few weeks ago, of course I didn’t have anything in particular in mind. But I kept thinking about some kind of brown sugar cookie. So I got to work in the kitchen and came up with these amazing cookies. I ate so many the first night I made them that I got a stomachache, sorry not sorry!
Did I mention the brown butter?
Because these cookies are made with brown butter!
Make them…just don’t eat 6 in a row, they’re rich. I don’t know what came over me that night. Oh wait, yes I do, brown butter!
Brown Butter Brown Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 Sticks butter
- 1 1/4 C Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 C Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat. Gently swirl the butter and watch it closely, once it begins to brown pull it off the heat and let it cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together flour, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla bean paste and beat just until incorporated. Slowly mix in dry ingredients and stir well.
- Use a tablespoon measure to scoop out rounded balls of dough and set them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.